About development professionals:
This blog is focused at any type of development professional, whether that’s learning and development, training and development or organisational development. Whatever your title, if learning is your thing then this is the place to enable you to perform better.
There are lots of ‘thought leaders’ when it comes to learning, but few who are giving real life practical examples with how to guides on getting there. I certainly don’t profess to be an expert, however I am experienced. I’m also keen to share my ideas through pragmatic and practical steps, something which is hard to find online in this industry.
Development professionals is for you if:
- You are looking for practical steps and ideas or how to guides within the field of Learning and Development
- If you are new to Learning and Development and are looking for ideas
- You are looking for a different perspective, on how other professionals approach their Learning and Development
I often turn to the internet for learning inspiration but feel it’s lacking those real how to guides and I aspire to change that.
I want to help YOU be the best you can be in Learning and development!
Who’s behind the blog?
You might be wondering who I am at this point and what I’ve got to offer you…
I’m Sophia and I’ve worked in L&D for nearly 10 years, across several industries such as housing, education, construction and manufacturing. In that time I’ve learned a lot about what to do and what not to do, you can learn more about this HERE.
I regularly get feedback from colleagues that I’m practical and full of great ideas, so why not share them wider than my small network and help others too.
My career has been varied in terms of experience and as such, I’ve worked on varying projects, from setting up a training function, creating a competency management framework and all the usual L&D generalist work you may expect. I’ve even been involved in assessing in-house apprenticeships too. However, my real areas of interest are leadership development, coaching and psychometric profiling, which takes up most of my working time (and my interest!).
Although qualifications aren’t the only thing that make someone credible, rest assured I come with a suite of badges and certificates that show I’ve got some level of knowledge on the topic. By the same token also shows I’m passionate about learning too.
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resource Development (CIPD Level 7)
- Certificate of postgraduate study in coaching competence
- Barrett values Centre Cultural Assessment Tool
- Kirkpatrick training evaluation certified
- Insights Discovery practitioner
- SHL psychometric profiling tool accredited
- TAQA – Assessors Award
If this blog sounds like it covers what you’re looking for (which I’m sure it does!), then head on over to BLOGS where you will find everything I’ve created.